September 4, 2023
The Sudan Conflict Monitor is a rapid response to the expanding war in Sudan written through a peacebuilding, human rights, and justice lens. Bi-weekly, we try to capture the five most important stories in Sudan. Please share it widely.
These are the top stories in this issue:
- Conflict updates. Al-Burhan toured SAF bases in Omdurman, Atbara and traveled to Egypt; Urban warfare has continued in Khartoum and Omdurman; Darfur and the Kordofans: violence takes on a life of its own. Violence in the peripheries is beginning to take dynamics of its own, apart from the agendas of the belligerents.
- Humanitarian situation: allegations of misappropriation and mismanagement of resources.
- Political developments: Agar’s roadmap. There have been reports about the diversion of humanitarian aid and attacks on health workers.
- The Justice and Equality Movement’s Convulsions: A shake-up in the leadership of JEM is a signal of much deeper divides.
- Instrumentalizing Justice Again: SAF claims that it will pass information on RSF crimes to the ICC, but will this advance accountability overall?
Read the full monitor.