December 14, 2023
The Sudan Conflict Monitor is a rapid response to the expanding war in Sudan written through a peacebuilding, human rights, and justice lens, reflecting on the most important stories in Sudan. Please share it widely.
These are the top stories in this issue:
- Military and political developments. The conflict is becoming more complex and more ethnically aligned.
- Fresh wave of ethnic cleansing in West Darfur. The RSF have carried out horrific attacks on civilians in West Darfur.
- Humanitarian situation continues to deteriorate, but civilians gather to mobilize new support.
- Civilians coordination efforts build. The session marks a step forward in the effort to coordinate civilian voices.
- International responses. IGAD steps into the fray, UNITAMS discontinued, Jeddah ceasefire talks suspended, US sanctions & atrocity crimes determination.
Read the full newsletter here.