June 19, 2023
The Sudan Conflict Monitor is a rapid response to the expanding war in Sudan written through a peacebuilding, human rights and justice lens. Bi-weekly, we try to capture the five most important stories in Sudan. Please share it widely.
This week are top stories are:
- Military deadlock continues: Fighting focused on strategic sites. Both sides seem to still believe a military victory is possible as fighting concentrates on strategic sites.
- Ethnic cleansing in Al Geneina. RSF is unleashing ethnically based violence in West Darfur.
- RSF’s abuses, looting and hostages. Evidence of RSF looting and detention of activists is growing.
- Refugees restricted at the Egyptian border. Egypt is making it harder for Sudanese refugees to flee.
- International responses: Efforts to move to an AU framework for negotiations falter, US sanctions.
Read the full monitor.